Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Solo Jam Session #1

There's not much to post here but just an explanation. 

I created a song back in high school that I named "Spotlight".  The song was meant to be in the form of your typical jazz standard.  There is an A section and a B section.  However the chords ran through the same sequence over and over.  So to make up for this repetitiveness I made the B section run through the chords slower with a walking bass line and a nice, steady swing beat behind it.

Fast forward to today and I am so proud of this song and what it has been through.  I've forgotten mostly all of my originals, save for maybe some ones I posted on Myspace a long time ago.  But this song is my pride and joy.  You may even call it my first masterpiece!

Ok semantics aside, I just recorded this on my MIDI keyboard and while there's never a substitute for the real thing, my little set up here is pretty respectable considering how much money some of the equipment was.

So I share with you a small work in progress if you will.  A solo session of me running through an improvisational performance of "Spotlight".  Hope you enjoy it!

Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment